What we offer
Since 1982, the Frauennotruf Bielefeld e.V. has been dealing with the issue of sexual violence. We consult and support women from the age of 16 who currently experience sexual violence or have experienced it in the past. We also give advice to reference persons: family, friends or professional assistants.
The Frauennotruf is a counselling centre.
The counsel is free of charge. You will not have to give us your name. Also, the counsel is voluntary.
If you have experienced sexual violence, that can be a huge burden. But you don’t have to be alone with your fears, questions and problems. Our female consultants are very familiar with this topic.
- You can call us: 0521 – 12 42 48
- You can send an Email: email@example.com
- or a fax: 0521 – 17 64 78
- When making an appointment, please let us know if you will need special support when you want to get here.
- At Bielefeld University, we offer counsel for female students and employees every Thursday between 12pm/noon and 2pm in room L3-119.
- You can get individual appointments: You can have one or several meetings with us. For the first meeting, somebody may accompany you (please let us know beforehand).
- We offer counsel in German, Turkish, Russian and English. For other languages we cooperate with a female translator (free of charge), as well as with DGS translators (German sign language).
- We also counsel the women’s and girls‘ relatives.
- We help you to find competent lawyers, therapists or doctors.
- Upon request, we accompany you to your doctor, lawyer or to the police.
- We prepare you for the court proceedings and accompany you to court if desired; we also discuss the process and result of the hearing with you.